Monday, March 7, 2011

Saffran potatoes

I'm not the biggest fan of potatoes, but it's what I've been getting in abundance in my winter CSA, so it's what I've had to work with lately. For this easy, quick and delicious recipe, I used baby potatoes.
Peel, wash and cut the potatoes in half. Boil in salted water until just soft, about 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. Mince half a small onion, a couple cloves of garlic, and one small sweet red pepper. In a non-stick pan, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil. Sautee the onion and garlic over low heat until translucent. Add the pepper and cook for a few minutes. Add the potatoes, a teaspoon or so of American saffran, salt and pepper to taste. Raise the heat to medium and fry the potatoes for five to ten minutes, or longer if you want more crispy potatoes.

Serve over a bed of green salad dressed with olive oil, salt and pepper.




No comments:

Post a Comment